Add new CU3ER
Adding new project
Video tutorial: 1min 36sec
What you will learn:
- Adding new project to wpCU3ERHow to add project created in cManager to wpCU3ER plugin
You can add (import) as many CU3ER projects as you like and each one is processed through 'Add New' page.
In order to add CU3ER project please follow this steps:
- Click on ‘Add New” link in wpCU3ER menu to open page for adding (importing) CU3ER
- Name your CU3ER project — by naming you project can
easily identify which CU3ER you would like to embed or manage
later. (example of some names: “HomeSlider” or “PortfolioCU3ER”)
If you don’t specify name, wpCU3ER will generate one instead.
- Specify configuration files
- Upload XML — you can choose to upload XML configuration file only and add images later or;
- Upload ZIP — all CU3ER files along with images will be uploaded to your server and processed with plugin or;
If you are using Mac it is possible that browser will auto-extract your project on download. In that case you need to zip content of project folder (not the folder itself) before you can upload it to wpCU3ER.- XML as URL — if your XML configuration file is already online you can enter it’s full url and wpCU3ER will create CU3ER based on settings specified in XML. You will need to upload images manually if their urls are not defined with absolute paths.
- Click ‘Add CU3ER’ button — CU3ER will be added to WordPress and you will be redirected to Edit page
Things to remember:
- If you are creating CU3ER by importing XML only, images will not be copied to your server. Instead, only image paths will be embedded with each slide. You will need either to upload images manually or adjust image paths to point to correct files if you get 'Missing image' warning.
- uploading project .zip file is most convenient way of adding CU3ER to your WP as all content of zip file will be uploaded to your wp admin and no further file linking would be necessary.
- Files are uploaded to wp-content/uploads/2010/12/unique_number/name-of-your-project/
- If you don’t specify name, wpCU3ER will generate one instead.